Wool Shorts

Wool Shorts
crochet wool shorts

Monday, March 7, 2011

Favorite Materials

Here is a list of my favorite types of yarn.
  • 100% Wool. The fisherman's wool is nice for wool soakers! I'm going to be finding something new though, as this is made in China. The other wool I've used is Patons, which I like as it is made closer to home - Canada. Stitch Nation "Full o' Sheep", and Plymouth Yarn "Yalway". My favorite texture wise is the Stitch Nation. It is so soft and comes in very pretty bright colors.
  • Bamboo/Wool combo. Stitch Nation has this. I think it is by far my favorite of anything. It is called "Bamboo Ewe" and it is so easy to work with, and super soft. So far with it I've made a bag & almost done rabbit.
  • 100% Cotton.
I think I go to the store to feel the yarns way too much. I won't buy any with acrylic. It is harder to find things without it, but my short list is what I've got so far. There are some that say Bamboo, but its only 45% bamboo, the rest is acrylic so it is disappointing to me! I am hoping this list grows soon - but where I live I am limited & I haven't ever bought anything like this online, and a little scared to take that leap.

Have any favorites that you would like to share? Any one that I should try that fits into a renewable source? I realize cotton isn't the best renewable source, but it isn't made from plastics which are made from oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment